We are able to offer FREE Emergency contraception to those under 30 years old.
We also offer a FREE chlamydia treatment service.
Please ask to speak to the pharmacist for more information on any of these services
- The "Morning After Pill" works best if taken within the first 24 hours after unprotected sex, but it can be taken up to 120 hours after. We will help you decide which type of Emergency Oral Contraception (EOC) is best for you.
- After a short, confidential discussion, we are able to supply emergency contraception.
- This is free of charge if you are under 30 years old.
- We will provide you with advice about future contraception during the consultation.
Chlamydia screening and treatment
- 1 in 10 sexually active young people under the age of 25 will have a Chlamydia Infection
- Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) which usually has no symptoms to start with.
- If it is not treated, there can be serious long-term problems, for example infertility for both men and women and swollen, painful testicles for men.
- You should be tested each year, or every time you change a sexual partner.
- This is a completely confidential service, available to anyone, male or female.
- A "do it yourself" kit can be obtained free of charge online, from http://www.kent.gov.uk/hometesting - men provide a urine sample, women use a vaginal swab - and post it to the chlamydia testing service. The result is texted back to you within a couple of weeks. There are other STIs that can be tested for at home, including HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B and C and gonorrhoea. Details are on the hometesting website link above.
- If the chlamydia test is positive, we can provide the antibiotic treatment free of charge.