We are able to offer FREE Emergency contraception to those under 30 years old .
We also offer a FREE chlamydia testing and treatment service for anyone aged under 25 years.
Please ask to speak to the pharmacist for more information on any of these services
- The "Morning After Pill" works best if taken within the first 24 hours after unprotected sex, but it can be taken up to 72 hours after .
- After a short, confidential discussion, we are able to supply emergency contraception.
- This is free of charge if you are under 30 years old.
- We will provide you with advice about future contraception during the consultation.
Chlamydia screening and treatment
- 1 in 10 sexually active young people under the age of 25 will have a Chlamydia Infection
- Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection which usually has no symptoms to start with.
- If it is not treated, there can be serious long-term problems, for example infertility for both men and women and swollen, painful testicles for men.
- You should be tested each year, or every time you change a sexual partner.
- This is a completely confidential service, available to anyone, male or female.
- We supply you with a kit to test yourself - men provide a urine sample, women use a vaginal swab - and post it to the chlamydia testing service. The result is texted back to you within a couple of weeks.
- If the test is positive, we also provide the antibiotic treatment free of charge.
- We automatically offer screening to anyone who attends for emergency contraception.